Welcome to the FAQ page. This page answers questions about what DChavezMusic will and will not produce, and some other questions concerning production
If using a screen reader, use heading navigation to jump to heading level 1 for the categories of FAQ questions and heading level 2 for FAQ answers.
DChavezMusic Production FAQ
- What Things Are You Able To Produce?
- What Things Won't You Produce?
- How Do I Request A Production?
- How long does it take to produce what I requested?
- How do I retrieve my production request?
- What equipment do you use to produce?
What Things Are You Able To Produce?
The following is a list of what I am able to produce at present. As I get more equipment later, this list will be updated.
- Ring tones or text tones; (if wanting a sound for your ring tone or text tone, the sound or sounds will be retrieved from a sound library that I may have available or from a third-party sound library. If wanting a ring tone or text tone with music or a beat, the music or beat will be written from scratch just for your ring tone or text tone request
- Voiceover's; A voiceover can be done upon request. Please note: Effects are provided through software. A script of what is to be said, as well as where effects should be placed, on which words, should be sent ahead of time so that the script can be run through before your voiceover is produced. If you would like music or a beat with your voiceover, please indicate that in your production request ticket.
- Music beds, music intros, and music outros: Background music (A.K.A., a music bed,) music for podcasts, drum beats, music intros, and music outros, all can be produced. Please indicate the type of genre that you need (I.E., Techno, Hip hop, R&B, Jazz, Blues.)
What Things Won't You Produce?
The only things that I will not produce are
- Adult type podcasts
- Offensive or vulgar type podcasts or offensive or vulgar type voiceovers.
- Non-english based podcasts and voiceovers; Voiceovers and podcasts must be in english only.
How Do I Request A Production?
To Request A Production, click on the link at the end of this FAQ answer, and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Insure to put as the subject of your ticket: Production Request
- Within the body of your production request ticket, put what You need produced. (For example, music or a beat for a podcast.)
- For Music and beats only: Specify how long you need the music or beat for, (For example, 5 minutes.)
- For music or beats only: specify the genre that you'd like for your music or beat, (for example, R&B.)
- For text tones or ring tones only: Specify whether or not you'd like a sound, music, or a beat. If wanting a music or beat, specify the type of genre to be used, (for example, rock.) If wanting a sound, specify the generalized type of sound you'd like, (for example, rainfall.)
For text tones and ring tones only: Your text tone or ring tone will be a maximum of no more than 30 seconds, regardless of whether or not you have a music, beat, or sound.
For podcasts, music beds, music intros, and music outros: Productions made for these cases will have a maximum time of up to 20 minutes, using looped playing.
How long does it take to produce what I requested?
Depending on the request, it could take 1 day up to 1 week. If needing from scratch music or beats produced, at least 1 week would be required.
For an actual estimate regarding a project, please use the below link to submit a production quote ticket, including the following information:
- Your Name
- Your email address
- Insure to put the subject: Production Quote Estimate
- Within the body of your ticket include what production project you need a quote for, (for example, a music bed for a podcast.)
How do I retrieve my production request?
Upon your project being produced and properly mixed, you will be emailed to say your project is ready.
In that same email, there will be attached a demo MP3 (max of 30 seconds,) so that you can hear what your project sounds like.
If wanting a ring tone or a text tone, you will also be given a demo MP3 so you can hear what it sounds like.
Once you have okayed your project by replying to your production request ticket, you will then be given a zip file. This zip file will contain (if wanting a music or beat,) a 30 second MP3 and a 1 minute MP3 file. Together with that, if you requested a 5 minute project, that 5 minute project (as an MP3,) will also be included. You are more than welcomed to use either one of the 3 MP3 file's in your podcast or other application.
If for some reason your finished project is not right, please immediately reply to your production request help-desk ticket to let me know.
Once your project is corrected, you will be given the same zip file (see above,) with the same content.
What equipment do you use to produce?
The following equipment is what I use to produce requested content:
- Macbook Pro Late 2011
OS: Mac OS X High Sierra
Processor: Intel 2.8 GHz core i7
Processor Core: Quad-core
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- Garageband For Mac multi-trackRecording Software
- Scarlet2i2G3 USB
- Casio CTX 3000 61-key Professional Workstation
- Tascam TM-80 Studio Condenser Microphone